Now, more than ever, technology and automation are increasingly helping businesses stay afloat, with record use of online ordering, scheduling, and communication platforms.
Guest Blog by Beth O’Connell, North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association
Bars, restaurants, hotels, and other on-premise retailers across North Carolina have witnessed the dark and devastating storm that was 2020 and are looking for clearer skies on the horizon. Now, more than ever, technology and automation are increasingly helping businesses stay afloat, with record use of online ordering, scheduling, and communication platforms. Technology and automation help bring customers to our doors, or sometimes, our products to their doors. Behind the scenes, automation eliminates the increased cost and frustration that comes from managing businesses manually.
It’s a new year and the winds are shifting, but the course is not clear, straight, or easy. Recovery is going to take agility and flexibility — with contingency plans, nimble operations, and the readiness to tack as the changing winds require. But the uncertain future also signals that now is the time for businesses to prepare for the unexpected and navigate a course for success using the tools and partnerships available. You won’t find a better partnership than Fintech and the North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association.
On Wednesday, March 3, Fintech hosted a free webinar featuring four NCRLA members representing four distinct North Carolina hospitality operations: restaurant, hotel, brewery, and distillery. Plan to join us for this informative webinar as these members share their approach to building success in 2021 as we all continue to navigate the course ahead.
Keep in mind the ongoing benefits of the Fintech and NCRLA partnership: NCRLA members have free Fintech tools available to build better alcohol businesses through automation, which creates the nimble operating environment needed now more than ever. With Fintech’s free, electronic alcohol invoice payment solution, Distributor Autopay, NCRLA members can:
- Pay alcohol distributors electronically without approving individual invoices
- Eliminate the handling of checks or cash for alcohol deliveries
- Limit the time the delivery driver spends on site
- Automate regulatory compliance per the terms of the invoice (and avoid the dreaded no-sale list)
- Set up a free account in about five minutes with no sales calls or service contracts required, and processing starting in about five to seven business days
Fintech also offers retailers a full alcohol management solution at a low cost, which provides the automation above, PLUS the ability to:
- View all alcohol invoices online, broken down by line item
- Monitor bank activity for daily insight into upcoming debits and credits for quicker reconciliation
- Integrate line-item invoice data directly into the back-office or accounting system (we integrate with Quickbooks Online, Restaurant365, and much more)
- Request and receive credits from distributors online
- Receive advanced analytics to manage price fluctuations and improve buying habits
Today, nearly 50 percent of alcohol retailers in North Carolina trust Fintech for automated payments and data for their businesses. Fintech also serves as a regulatory resource for clients, providing legislative updates, informative panel webinars, and connectivity through industry partners like NCRLA.
As we look to clearer skies ahead, let’s chart the course together. To learn more about the partnership between Fintech and NCRLA, and to take advantage of member benefits, contact us today.